Wednesday, November 13, 2013

After a very long time, I'm feeling a teensy bit alive this evening. It'll only last for a few hours, I know. But before it goes away, I want to pin this down here because I'm so excited! One of the first things way back in my early teens that may even be on of the first pop culture things that awakened a smidgen of feminism in me was this song by Salt-n-Pepa that is part of the OST of Miss Congeniality (which still remains one of my favorite movies despite the twisted message). I think I'm so frantically trying to pin this down only because of a fairly meaningless memory, but I remember sending the lyrics of this one song that was(IS!) soooooooo huge for me to this boy I had a gigantic crush on. He, of course, brushed it off like it meant nothing, which is how it has been with the male of my species for me. Meh. Anyways, I don't know how, but somehow this song appearing in this list (http://flavorwire.com/408585/feminist-cultural-syllabus) is me rolling my eyes and in-your-facing that idiot boy and all he stands for. :) But mostly, it's just me getting incredibly excited, with goosebumps all over, and that transcendant energy flowing through me every time I listen to this song! :D



PS: Don't you LOVE Chandler for loving Miss Congeniality? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment