This is a brilliant way to start the new year…with my FIRST BLOG AWARD! I’ve just received the Honest Scrap award from runawaybride (Thank you sooo much!) over at Chronicles of an arranged Indian Marriage. Do go check her blog out and find out all about modern arranged marriages here in India. It’ll first shock the hell out of you and then, you’ll go… “Exactly how different is this from us, really?” It’s almost uncanny how we came across each other in the blog world, considering the fact that we’re both, in some sense, going through similar stuff and have started our blogs for almost the same reasons.
Coming to the award, needless to say, I’m thrilled to bits and very very flattered about receiving the award so soon into blogging. It dictates that I get even more embarrassingly honest and then pick on a few other AY-mazing blogs and get ‘em to bare their souls.
So, without further ado, here goes:
- As a child, I ate boogers, pencil leads and paper. Ummm…I still eat ‘em now, SOMETIMES.
- Yea, I’m a 25 year old virgin…almost! No, the ‘almost’ doesn’t mean I’ve covered the first 3 bases; it just means that I turn 25 in a little less than a month. I’m still hoping to lose that stupid membrane before my birthday, but I know it’s not happening. Ugh!
- I may be a borderline hentai addict. Masturbation has become a bit of a pain (pun intended) and a really long, drawn-out process. ~sigh~
- I’m still heartbroken over a guy, after 4 years. My friends are all “officially” tired of listening to me whine about it. I think I have finally given up on the “happily-ever-after” dream…living alone for the rest of my life seems a MUCH better option than even trying to bother getting married. This year, I hope to finally put that chapter behind me for GOOD!
- If I do get married, the fact that I have to start sharing a room with someone after almost 20 years of having my very own room, scares the SHIT out of me. I am freakishly possessive of my personal space.
That’s me. Now, on to the next awardees.
Choosing who I would pass this award on to was quite a task. But I did come up with an awesome list. Most of the ladies on this list are the ones I look up to in blogland. They are fantastic writers and a treat to read every morning. Do check ‘em out.
1. Steam Me Up, Kid
2. Yo Mama’s Blog
3. You. Me. No Adult Supervision...
4. Today Is My Birthday
5. Penguin in Paris
Have a wonderful New Year, people. Hope this one turns out be an amazing adventure for all of you!